School of Social Work | Ryerson University
The Experiences of Gender and Sexual Minority Youth in State Care: A retrospective exploration of former child welfare/youth justice service users
Sole Investigator: Dawn Onishenko (Ryerson University)
Funding: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Internal Grant (SIG), Dawn Onishenko.
Rights for Children and Youth Partnership (website coming soon)
Principal Investigator: Henry Parada (Ryerson University)
Funding: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Partnership Grant.
Referreed Articles and Book Chapters
- (2015) Co author (in alphabetical order) Chambers, L., Cranmer-Byng, S., Friedman, M., Njoroge, W., Onishenko, D., Ross, M., Sibblis, C., Smith, K. & Westbrook, A. (2015)Redefining Borders between Communities and the Classroom: How Community-based Social Activists Can Transform Social Work Education. Engaged Scholar. (In press).
- (2015) Onishenko, D. Sole Author, Equal Rights Discourse: A Shifting Terrain for Sexual Minority Refugee Claimants. Intersectionalities. (revise and re-submit)
- (2015) Onishenko, D. Sole Author Equal Rights/Equal Marriage: Creating Spaces of Jurisgenerative Praxis. Humbolt Journal of Social Research.
- (2015) Onishenko, D. & Erbland, J. First Author Are Stickers Enough?: Positive/Safe Space Approaches and LGBTQ Youth in State Care. Journal of Youth in Society.
- (2015) Onishenko, D. & Erbland, J. First Author The LGBTQ Population, Hate Motivated Violence, and Issues of Addictions/Substance Use/Abuse. Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions.